Friday 27 April 2012

Barry M Lip Paint Pale Nude | Review and Swatches


Apologies that it looks squished and bent! I've used it every day

I have found a new lipstick love! On the same day that I bought Rimmel’s new Wake Me Up Foundation (you can see my review here) I also bought Barry M’s new Lip Paint in shade 154 Pale Nude. It was 3 for 2 in boots, I had to buy a new mascara and foundation, so it would have been silly not to pick something else up too! I mean, come on, it was free! I was just browsing through the Barry M stand; it’s a brand I tend to neglect now-a-days. When I was younger I used to buy a lot of their products, but I feel it seems to have a bit of a teen connotation with it, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing, they make great products for reasonable prices, but as I’ve got older the need for bright green eye shadow and bright pink mascara has declined somewhat (Yes, I did own a bright pink mascara from Barry M..I hang my head in shame). However, I was looking at some of their new nail varnishes, and next to them, were their new lip paints, in 155 (Pretty Pink) and 154 (Pale Nude). I was instantly drawn to the Pale Nude lip paint, a light peachy orange shade, which is not dissimilar to their new Nail Paint in Peach Melba. For some reason I have been having a bit of an orange phase at the moment. I swatched it on my hand and thought to myself “Yes, this is something I definitely need in my life” and went ahead and got it.


            As it was 3 for 2, I did technically get this for free, so whilst I was very much excited to use this lipstick, something in the back of my mind was telling me that it was a really bad idea, that it would make me look washed out and gross. However, my subconscious was proved totally wrong! I absolutely love this on my lips. I always apply foundation over my lips before I put on a lipstick because my lips are so pigmented and it just makes the colours really bright and a bit weird. I was totally sold on this as soon as I put it on, and I have been wearing it every day since. I have never worn a lipstick every day, and usually just stick to my good old faithful Blistex relief cream, because it’s easy to apply and feels amazing, but I find myself reaching for this lipstick each morning, and even re-applying through out the day.


            What I have found with this lipstick though, and what I have found with a few of the Barry M Lip Paints, is that although it doesn’t dry out your lips, or makes them feel uncomfortable, if you apply this without using some sort of moisturising product underneath, it will cling to any cracks or dry skin that you have. So definitely, a quick use of a lip scrub, then apply a balm and let that sink in before putting this on, and it will apply beautifully and smoothly!
            I must admit though, when I checked the Barry M website to see what the actual name of the Lip Paint was, I was very surprised to see that it was called Pale Nude. The name and the picture on their website is very deceiving, because the colour is definitely more orange. Which I don’t have a problem with at all, but if you are looking for a true nude, this may not be for you.

            Thanks for reading!
            Fai x

*Disclaimer: As always all opinions are 100% my own, and I am no way affiliated with any of the companies mentioned. All products mentioned were purchased by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment