Wednesday 8 February 2012

Valentine's Day Goodies!


As the day that terrifies men, excites women and depresses us singletons fast approaches I thought it only necessary to at least mention it. As soon as the Christmas season is over, card shops inflate the heart balloons and everyone goes blind from all the pink and red. As much as I hate the Valentine’s season I have been having a good old nose around at everything the shops have to offer and have stumbled a few bits and pieces that I might just go out and buy for myself.

As always, Lush has created some beauties for V’day, and my top pick from their collection has to be the P.S I Love You gift box! It’s packaged in a gorgeous little box adorned with roses and swallows and tied up with a piece of string. Inside is a mixture of the well loved products such as “Raining Men” shower gel and my all time favourite product from Lush – “Soft Coeur” which is a honey and chocolate massage bar. Another little goody inside is the “Silky Underwear” dusting powder, a light powder that you can use all over your body that smells of jasmine! I’ve never heard of this product before but it sounds intriguing! Not quite talc and maybe a little more sensual!? And last but not the “Sweetheart” soap to finish of the quad! I think this is such a great little gift set, even if you’re single to buy yourself and relax. I think this is such a great deal at £16.95 that if you feel you need that little extra indulgence you won’t feel guilty about your bank balance. You can find out more about the P.S I Love You gift box on the Lush website.

Another great little indulgence that won’t make your bank manager call you up is the Whittard of Chelsea Strawberry White Hot Chocolate! It definitely hits up the pink quota for the season and will also last you much longer! It’s £5.50 for 375g. Especially on these horribly cold nights we’ve been having. Settling down in your fluffy dressing gown with a mug of this on a cold evening, with a mug of strawberry white hot chocolate, who needs a man to cuddle up to? You can find the Strawberry White Hot Chocolate here, and there are more Valentines gifts there too, and selected items are 20% off with the voucher code “LOVE14”

I guess we shouldn’t leave out those who are loved up, although I do like to forget you couples exist around this time (I’m joking of course, I’m just clearly bitter about it all) Marks and Spencer have got some brilliant Valentine’s cards on offer. In the day of emails and texts they’ve really considered that not many people like to send cards, and when they do the recipient often just discards them. So Marks and Spencer have got some great little designs that have got keepsakes that you can detach! My favourite being this little one (link) with removable pegs that you can keep to remind you of one another. It brings tears to your eyes and warmth to your heart doesn’t it?

Whatever you end up doing this 14th of February I hope it’s a very happy and healthy one!

Love to you all!

Don’t forget that you can subscribe to my blog by clicking Join This Site, you can follow me on Twitter too, @FaiBassett and like my FaceBook page Fai Bassett - Makeup Artist

Thanks for reading lovelies!
Fai x

*Disclaimer I am not affiliated with any of the companies mentioned, nor have I been asked to mention them.  All opinions are 100% my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment