Monday 30 January 2012

January Favourites and OOTN 28/01/2012


I'm going to try and do Monthly Favourites, it may not be every month as a lot of things don't tend to change, but when I find an amazing product I will be sure to update! So as January finally draws to a close I  hope you enjoy my top picks for January. 

Illamasqua Light Liquid Foundation shade 115 – Being so pale I’m almost translucent, it is an absolute nightmare to find a foundation colour that actually matches my skin, and Illamasqua has such a great range of colours. I initially bought the Light Liquid Foundation for my kit, I have 6 colours in total, but I tried this out and was instantly impressed with how good the colour was for me. I’m not a great fan of the consistency of this product, as its quite dry and doesn’t have an amazing coverage, so what I’ve been doing is using predominately the Illamasqua foundation and adding a small amount of Revlon Colour Stay in Ivory which I find adds a bit more to the coverage, and it stops the Illamasqua L.L.F looking too dry on my skin. I will hopefully be investing in the Illamasqua Skin Base foundation; however the closest Illamasqua counter is in Cardiff, which just isn’t convenient, so I’m dubious to buy it online without testing it out first! If anyone has tried it and think they may be my colouring let me know how you’ve found it!

Liz Earle – Cleanse and Polish This doesn’t need any explanation; you can find my review here which will tell you why I love it so much!

Lush – Snow Fairy – I bought this at the very end of December when Lush had their half price sale of all their Christmas lines. I had heard so much about it on YouTube as everyone seems to be addicted to it, so I thought I would pop in and see what all the fuss was about. It smells so good! I would liken it to the smell of the Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub. Such a sweet smell, which may not be to everyone’s taste, I also couldn’t resist the name. Let’s face it, anything to do with fairies I’m all over it (If you hadn’t realised already my name means Fairy). Not only does it smell amazing, it lathers up so nicely, the bubbles are so soft and creamy and it makes your skin so smooth! Unfortunately they are only brought out every Christmas, so I bought two bottles, and I’m trying to use it sparingly.

Aussie – Luscious Long Shampoo and Conditioner I’m going to confess something terrible right about now, I haven’t had my hair cut in nearly a year! I know, terrible, shoot me down, but I just can’t bring myself to do it. I had it all cut off really short (well, short for me, it was shoulder length) back in 2010 and since then my hair has been growing so slowly, that now I have it at the length I want I’m just too scared to go and get it cut again. I will eventually because the ends are so dead. But I’ve been using Aussie’s Luscious Long range and it’s been so good for my hair. It smells amazing like all of Aussie’s products, but it also makes my hair so soft, and it feels thicker too. I can swoosh it around and it feels like I’ve just stepped out of the hair dressers, it may not look like it, but it certainly feels like it. I don’t know all the ins and outs of the products, but I think it’s definitely benefited my hair


On Saturday night it was one of my friend Dannie's Hen Night and the theme was the Letter D (for obvious reasons) and I went as a disco ball! Here are some pictures from the night!
Foundation - Revlon Colour Stay - Ivory & Chanel Pro Lumiere in 10 (discontinued)
Blush - La Femme Golden Rose
Contour - MAC Studio Tech foundation in NC50
Mascara - BM Beauty Lash Curling 
Jewels and Mirrors from The Range

Top - From a boutique in Tavistock - £25
Disco Pants - River Island sale 3 years ago £10
Shoes - New Look, customised by me
Fake Tan (I KNOW! Hold the applause) - Beyond Bronze by Fake Bake - Instant in shimmer Light



No comments:

Post a Comment